After being 'snowed in' the past three days (and another snow day tomorrow), it's been wonderful to share dinner with friends. . . breaking up the monotony of the day over good food and conversation.
Last night, we hosted our friends, the Gambles, and loved having such a big family as guests our home. Bill and Justine are parents to five children ages 6 yrs. to 10 yrs. - two homegrown and three adopted. Their family is an inspiration to all who cross their path. It's such a joy to watch their Biblical parenting techniques and the children as they interact with one another.
At one point I think we adults were making more noise than the kids. While playing Blitz (a card game that I almost won) we heard a gentle "can you keep it down in there" from one of the kiddos - hilarious! Carter (their youngest) really took to Cole calling him "little buddy" and playing through the evening. Cole was in heaven. . . he loved having five older playmates!
Tonight, we headed just down the street to the Willis' for another fun evening. Joining us were Jeremy and Lindsay Johnson - friends that we hope to keep in close contact with through the coming days. Jessica fixed a delicious Mexican meal of enchiladas, chips, dip, and a fabulous cinnamon cheesecake - so yummy!
We so enjoyed our time together and couldn't get enough of watching the three little ones play together. I pray Cole grows up surrounded by friends that love the Lord and encourage his spirit. Michael and I have been fortunate to have that dream as a reality in our own lives - we are tremendously blessed!
Jonah - 22 months
Cole - 4 years
Adeline - 1 year







3 comments:
Wow, Adrian! Your photos are great!! :) So much better than ours. . . I need a new camera and a photography class! ;) We really enjoyed spending time with you guys tonight!! Hopefully we can do it again soon! You accidentally left Cade's clothes here. . . I can drop them by your house or you're welcome to stop by and pick them up. :)
Look at you go! You are well on your way to 20+ posts a month.
We used to have that same little trampoline.
You are too sweet! We love you guys too.
I know why I am not blogging right now - I can't even find enough time to keep up on reading my friends blogs.
Oh well. Still hopeful
Post a Comment