A routine kept from long ago is singing a song together before tucking in at night. As a newborn, Amazing Grace was the one that lulled him to sleep, toddler years brought about fun Scripture songs and a lullably passed down from my childhood, "Jesus Is With Me", and now it's changed to made up songs by my sweet boy.
These imaginative concoctions began at Christmas when he would sing about the star on his Christmas tree, Jesus, presents, and other seasonal things. After the tree was put away, he began to make up others - a few favorites being titled "My Books" and "DVD's in the DVD player" :) The sweetest though, he seems to have saved for last. The past three days, he's sung about Jesus, Papa, and Gigi - while adding a little strumming on the guitar.
Here are a few lyrics. . .
Jesus:
Jesus, you are so wonderful
You are so wonderful to me
I love you so much
You are powerful and wonderful and you love me
Jesus, I love you
Gigi:
I love you Gigi
You are so sweet to me
I love your house
I love to play with you and spend the night with you
Gigi, I love you
Papa:
Papa, I love you
You are my favorite Papa
I love when you play with me
I like eating dinner at your house
I want to visit you in Kentucky, Papa
I love you
Cole, how I love the innocence of your heart. I pray it never changes!

2 comments:
If this doesn't bring tears to your eyes and a huge smile, nothing will!! I LOVE YOU, COLE, ADRIAN AND MICHAEL (AND CADE)!
How cute! Eli loves making up songs, but they're more of "Rudolph the red nosed pizza . . . " Obviously, he had pizza for dinner!
Post a Comment