
One of Cole's new favorite shows on TV is Wipeout. His love for the show grew as he and Daddy watched it on Tuesday evenings last summer/fall while I was at my Bible Study. Listening to his sweet laugh as contestants fall, slip, jump, and well. . . wipeout. . . is contagious.
The show stopped running for a short time and we all awaited the new premier "Winter Wipeout" on January 6. To mark this special event, we decided to have a Wipeout party. Since Christmas, Cole's been counting down to this date - anticipating a fun night. When he awoke yesterday and looked at his calendar, he exclaimed "Tonight's our Wipeout Party. . . YAY!!" Of course we couldn't disappoint. . . with his birthday a mere month before, he remembered how to party and wouldn't be satisfied without a few necessities. A homemade banner, balloons, friends, family, grilled dinner (porkchops, cowboy beans, corn-on-the-cob, garlic bread), party blowers, and cupcakes made for a fun night. And of course the highlight - Winter Wipeout - didn't disappoint. . . it was one of the funniest episodes we've seen by far! I'm sure chiropractors everywhere love it as well. Those contestants surely need major adjustments after leaving the show!
Table set with party napkins, blowers, and horns

I had another dessert in mind for the evening, but Cole insisted on cupcakes. Thanks Gigi for helping to finish ice and decorate!





4 comments:
Yeay! I'm so glad you posted this!! I was curious about the Wipeout party. SO CUTE! You really are the coolest mom! :)
Seriously - I think you just might be the cutest family I have ever met. Love the Wipeout Party!
Maybe I should DVR that show for Noah. We'll give a go. :)
haha looks like fun, so sad we missed it! We watched bits and pieces of it out here and were thinking about yall! :)
We love that show, too. Good idea for the party! I have been in such a funk lately about doing things like that....well, now that I think of it, I wouldn't have anyone to invite to a party anyway. ha! (or boo-hoo, whichever emotion comes first).
COle will remember these things for years to come!! Precious.
Post a Comment