Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Opryland's Comeback


It's always been a family tradition to stroll through Opryland Hotel at Christmas while ooohing and ahhing at the lights.  When the flood hit Nashville in May, and the hotel was under feet of water, we assumed we'd have to pass this year. 
 

Lucky for us (and TONS of other spectators) the hotel was up and running by Thanksgiving and our tradition could continue.

  We actually ventured that way after the holiday this year. . .even choosing the night of the Music City Bowl. . . thinking that the crowd would be minimal.  Wrong. . .
I'd say this year was the most crowded by far.  Mainly due to the fact that people from far and near were curious about the famous hotel and their comeback from the flood.  

A comeback indeed.  The hotel was breathtaking, as always, and even boasted a few new restaurants and scenery.  We enjoyed a dinner buffet at Waters Edge and took in the beauty around us. 





My mom, Cade, and I
Love the pose
My dad and Michael
Kyle and Laura
Cole insisted I take his picture with this statue. . . should I be worried??


1 comment:

Gigi said...

The pics. look great! That does it--I want a camera like yours.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com